Job Posted: 1/15/2019
SWCA Human Resources department is seeking a Sr. Compliance Specialist. The ideal candidate will be a supportive team member with strong interpersonal skills. Our Human Resources department is focused on serving our internal customers and ensuring their success.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for HR and Compliance and Compensation
- Evaluates current HR practices and policies. Identifies gaps and inefficiencies and provides solutions
- Ensures employment policies are aligned with appropriate multi-state and federal laws and regulations. Ensures proper execution of policies
- Exercises judgment and makes effective decisions when interpreting employment policies and regulations.
- Serves as a main point of contact for all employee handbook-related inquiries and issues
- Maintains current knowledge of evolving HR and policy legislations and make recommendations
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation
- Knowledge of prevailing pay rates is a plus
- Conduct ongoing research into emerging trends, issues and best practices
- Development and ongoing administration of AAP's and Outreach program
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferences will be given to candidates with the following:
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to HR and Compensation
- Experience formatting and editing handbooks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization. Ability to build internal and external relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Highly adaptable
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work under time constraints and deadlines
- Proven working experience as a compensation/compliance specialist
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with Major Area of Concentration in Business or HR
- 5+ Years and Prior experience in HR, and/or Compliance/Employment Law and Compensation
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/nz6hs2tvdsnztjhq