Sign In / Sign Out
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Under general supervision of the Director of Social Services responsible for developing and maintaining in-kind donation initiatives to increase in-kind donations and community presence, as well as the day-to-day operations of the Donation Center. Focus is on the development and expansion of donation opportunities through new donation bin sites, donation drives and building relationships to create continuing opportunities. Assist Donation Center team with routine daily tasks and duties in order to maintain a store front appearance in the Donation Center. Consistently showcases House of Refuge in a positive manner to all donors and residents through excellent customer service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the establishment of new donation bin sites and on-going maintenance. Responsible for growing the donor base at new locations utilizing a variety of promotions and grassroots marketing. Monitors donation sites as assigned to determine viability of site value.
2. Responsible for outreach and professional contact with area businesses/churches to increase donation bin placement. Cultivates relationships with business and churches to ensure on-going bin placement.
3. Accepts incoming donation calls from individuals, groups and businesses. Schedules donation pick up with appropriate partners (i.e. Sunshine Acres). Establishes and strengthens professional relationships with all donors.
4. Works closely with appropriate local partners (i.e. Sunshine Acres) regarding community pick up as well as picking up full trailers at House of Refuge. Ensure on-site trailers are filled properly.
5. Prepares reports and maintains required data in an organized and timely manner. Maintains daily activity records and accurate expense reports. Consistently issues formal donation receipts in format requested by donor.
6. Assist Donation Center team with receiving and organizing all donations for day to day activities of Donation Center. Must be able to work in varied weather conditions from cold to extreme heat.
7. Consistently demonstrates and provides a positive, professional working environment for residents, co-workers, volunteers and general public that come into contact with House of Refuge.
8. Consistently maintains Donation Center in a “store front” atmosphere. Displaying items for clients in a clean, dignified, store-like setting. Free of odor and damage.
9. All other duties as assigned.
Understanding of transitional housing, drug and alcohol recovery, persons dealing with mental health issues, domestic violence and/or the homeless population preferred. Must be able to interact and communicate with a diverse population. Confident, dedicated, professional self-starter and creative problem solver. Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills. Works independently and as part of a team. Able to develop timely reports on outcomes.
Routine hours are Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm; may require some evenings; 40 hours per week. Days will be split to assist in Donation Center and bin placement.
Please submit a letter of interest and your resume to Alicia Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org.